Voting experience

VK
Veronica Kirk
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 1:31 AM

Hi there,

I again had a couple of issues with casting a vote this year.  Early voting
started on October 13 in TX, so I called a week earlier the county office to
make sure everything would be set up for me.  I spoke with Cendy, who told
me that the county was getting new machines and each machine would have an
audio device so that I could vote.  My husband and I went to the library
(where early voting would be taking place) on the 14th.  Well, guess what?
There was no audio device there for me.  Evidently, they had gotten one but
it did not work.  My husband did vote that day, and I was told to return in
a week.  I called Cendy the following Monday.  She told me that it was ready
for me and working.  She thanked me for being so patient.  Clinton and I
went back to the library the following day, and there was an audio device
set up in one of the voting booths.  It was very easy to use, and I was glad
that I finally got it done.  However, I don't understand why Cendy told me
during our first conversation that there would be an audio device set up
with each sighted voting machine, and then during our second conversation
that I was the only blind person in the town where I live that would need
the audio device; that the town east of where I live there are two people
who are blind and another town she mentioned there were no blind persons in
that town.  These are the three largest towns in the county.

Veronica

[...]
Carolyn
Sat, Oct 24, 2020 3:06 PM

I'm just glad you got to vote. Veronica, you can't control
how many blind people are where, but you should have your
voting rights.

[...]

I'm just glad you got to vote. Veronica, you can't control how many blind people are where, but you should have your voting rights. -----Original Message----- From: Chat [mailto:chat-bounces@list.ntxability.org] On Behalf Of Veronica Kirk Sent: Friday, October 23, 2020 9:31 PM To: 'General Topic - Social' <chat@list.ntxability.org> Subject: [Chat] Voting experience Hi there, I again had a couple of issues with casting a vote this year. Early voting started on October 13 in TX, so I called a week earlier the county office to make sure everything would be set up for me. I spoke with Cendy, who told me that the county was getting new machines and each machine would have an audio device so that I could vote. My husband and I went to the library (where early voting would be taking place) on the 14th. Well, guess what? There was no audio device there for me. Evidently, they had gotten one but it did not work. My husband did vote that day, and I was told to return in a week. I called Cendy the following Monday. She told me that it was ready for me and working. She thanked me for being so patient. Clinton and I went back to the library the following day, and there was an audio device set up in one of the voting booths. It was very easy to use, and I was glad that I finally got it done. However, I don't understand why Cendy told me during our first conversation that there would be an audio device set up with each sighted voting machine, and then during our second conversation that I was the only blind person in the town where I live that would need the audio device; that the town east of where I live there are two people who are blind and another town she mentioned there were no blind persons in that town. These are the three largest towns in the county. Veronica
JH
joseph hudson
Mon, Oct 26, 2020 5:38 AM

Hi Veronica, how strange. Maybe she didn't know what to really tell you so she just told you what she thought the first time and then went and did her research after y'all got off the phone who knows. Glad that you were able to get that done.

On Oct 23, 2020, at 8:31 PM, Veronica Kirk veronicaa.kirk@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

Chat mailing list
Chat@list.ntxability.org

Hi Veronica, how strange. Maybe she didn't know what to really tell you so she just told you what she thought the first time and then went and did her research after y'all got off the phone who knows. Glad that you were able to get that done. > On Oct 23, 2020, at 8:31 PM, Veronica Kirk <veronicaa.kirk@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi there, > > I again had a couple of issues with casting a vote this year. Early voting started on October 13 in TX, so I called a week earlier the county office to make sure everything would be set up for me. I spoke with Cendy, who told me that the county was getting new machines and each machine would have an audio device so that I could vote. My husband and I went to the library (where early voting would be taking place) on the 14th. Well, guess what? There was no audio device there for me. Evidently, they had gotten one but it did not work. My husband did vote that day, and I was told to return in a week. I called Cendy the following Monday. She told me that it was ready for me and working. She thanked me for being so patient. Clinton and I went back to the library the following day, and there was an audio device set up in one of the voting booths. It was very easy to use, and I was glad that I finally got it done. However, I don’t understand why Cendy told me during our first conversation that there would be an audio device set up with each sighted voting machine, and then during our second conversation that I was the only blind person in the town where I live that would need the audio device; that the town east of where I live there are two people who are blind and another town she mentioned there were no blind persons in that town. These are the three largest towns in the county. > > Veronica > > _______________________________________________ > Chat mailing list > Chat@list.ntxability.org > http://list.ntxability.org/mailman/listinfo/chat_list.ntxability.org